Minutes, 17 Jun 21

NOTES of the Parish Council meeting held at Hougham and Marston Village Hall on 17th June 2021 at 7.30 pm 
Present: Cllr P Cartwright (in the Chair), Cllrs. A. Barradell, S. Brown, V. Morrell, C. Stephens and A. Watson.  There were no members of the public present.  

21/22-32: Chairman’s remarks:   Chair welcomed all present.
21/22-33: Apologies – Cty Cllr Maughan, Dist. Cllr Wood and Cllr K O’Sullivan.
21/22-34: Declarations of Pecuniary Interest – all Councillors in planning reference S21/0772 – The Thorold, and Cllrs Brown and Morrell in S21/0922 – The Farmhouse, Pinfold Lane.
21/22-35:  Minutes of the last meeting – the Minutes of the meetings held on 20th May were read and approved, and it was resolved that the Chairman sign them.
21/22-36:  County/District/Police matters:  Cllr Maughan had advised that there were no updates on the enforcement matter at Toll Bar Road/A1 land nor regarding Highways England and the A1 crossover at Toll Bar Road.
21/22-37:  School Safety Zone and Highways:  no updates.  Clerk to chase SKDC regarding new sign for Stonepit Lane.
21/22-38: Planning: 
     S20/1363 – Marston Hall – change of use – pending consideration.
     S20/0772 – The Thorold – extensions and other changes – pending consideration.
     S21/0922 – The Farmhouse, Pinfold Lane – extensions and annexe – pending consideration.
     S21/1018 – Solar Farm at Gonerby Moor – resolved to report that we have no objections but a note that LCC must retain its land in case of a link road in the future.
Clerk to ask Cllr Wood to negotiate with Cllr Stokes regarding the share of community benefit – we believe it to be  60% Great Gonerby and 40% Marston and that the amount should be increased from £50,000.
21/22-39: Community Cleaner – The bench in Bridge Street is fine.  The bench in front of the Church needs to be removed and replaced with a standard wooden bench – we need to trace who the plaque belongs to first; suggested that the bench, as you go into the Church grounds, be moved to the village green in its place.  Cllr Watson will additionally get a price for a new bench.
21/22-40: Amenity Area – Cllr Stephens is in touch with the school to re-start discussions.
21/22-41: Planting Daffodils – suggested areas are Kerrs Crescent, village approaches, village green, amenity area, Bridge Street bench, Resting Corner, and the bird hide.  Chair will get a price for 100, 200 and 500 bulbs.
21/22-42: New benches – one bench has been ordered.  Chair will contact Harlaxton Engineering with a view to getting the plinth down, ready for the bench when it is delivered.
21/22-43: Cllr Brown was appointed as Village Hall Committee representative. Clerk to advise VHC accordingly.
21/22-44: Finance:  It was resolved to sign the bank reconciliation at 31.5.21.  
21/22-45:  Correspondence – there is none.
21/22-46:  Urgent matters for discussion – there were none.
21/22-47:  Date of next meeting:   15th July.            
Meeting closed at 8.12 pm